Reciprocating the love
This week is about giving... to your significant other π. I wanted to write this blog in reflection of myself just so you guys can connect and possibly see where you may be slacking.
One thing I've learned about myself in my current relationship is that I think I'm perfect and I'm not. See, it is so easy for me to pick out each flaw in my significant other but I rarely see my own. I am a big giver and I put my all into my relationship, so much that I may think is important that I often fail to cater to his love language.
The simplest example I can refer to is this... so in the mornings, my boyfriend takes our daughter to school the begins his day. For the many years that we have bee together, he has always texted me "good Morning" after about an hour or so of being gone. He always texts throughout the day to make sure I am okay and I don't need anything. Of course, after 4 years, I'm used to this text. I don't think much of it but he recently expressed that he feels sometimes I should check on him and text him first.
It sounds so simple and honestly, it is. They say that your love language is always how you love and I cannot believe I missed something so simple.
So, this week, I encourage you ladies to realize something that your man always does for YOU but you rarely do for him.
Love y'all! See y'all next week π
Comments
Post a Comment