Forgive or forget?

How do you find peace within situations where you may feel you have been wronged?

I would like to be perfect and say “I just move on” but I don’t. As an adult, hell a human, people are going to shit on us. Regardless to how good of a person you were to them. It is easy to forgive yourself or tell yourself “I didn’t do anything wrong” and in prospect of the opposing party, I can 100% guarantee you that’s what that person is thinking.

In the past few years, I have become so at peace with what I have not done. And something else I have learned is peace comes from within, no one else can give you that. 

Even though, I may question myself like “dang what made them do that to me” or “what did I do to deserve that from them”. Nothing has brought me peace more than being genuine and knowing that it was not me.

See, what we fail to realize is that everyone is raised differently and on different morals. What is dead wrong to me, may have been okay in their household. And that’s totally up to you whether you accept it from there.

I read something a while ago and I wish I remembered so I could give them credit. But the best peace you can give yourself is forgiving that person from within. You don’t have to tell them you forgive them, you don’t even have to speak to them again. But forgive them for YOU! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to stretch your time

Balancing life and friendships.