Balancing life and friendships.
We're all adults and most of us are in our mid to late 20's. We are currently in a stage where we are finding new friends, losing old ones and still in the midst of finding ourselves while raising these kids, searching for our soulmate and trying to solidify our career.
THAT IS A LOT!
I often feel like I don't have enough time for my friends or I don't check on them enough. And that's just my personal guilt. The average person can see that I am genuinely busy trying to build a better lifestyle for myself and my kid.
Friends are important, at any stage in life, especially the "good" friends. And the good depends on the type of friends you may need. Some of us like to go out and party, some don't. Some of us like book clubs, some of us like concerts. However you feel a friend can best cater to you, that is what you should be looking for. One thing that I have learned is friends don't grow "with" you and you cannot blame them or be upset with them for that. As adults we tend to lean towards people who are on our same path or those who are interested in what we like.
For example, my closest friends are moms, in relationships and about their money. Those are the people I like to surround myself with. They are like-minded to me so they relate to a lot of what I may be going through.
Take some time out today and let your friends know that you love them. You never know how that may change their day.
Love,
Autumn ❤️
Comments
Post a Comment